Saturday, July 17, 2010

Etude House Mini-Haul + REVIEW and SWATCHES

I got a few items from Etude House about three weeks ago. I was supposed to go to the Forever21 opening but the line was too long so I decided to go to Etude House so my trip to Megamall won't be useless. I purchased to bottles of LUCIDarling Fantastic Nails nail polish. I think this line of nail polish is new since this is my first time seeing them. I also purchased two Petite Darling Lipsticks in PK006 and BR302. I don't really like wearing lipsticks since I find most lipsticks drying. But I have read reviews that this lipstick by Etude House won't dry your lips so I decided to give them a try.

Etude House LUCIDarling Fantastic Nails:
Price: 129php each


I have not tried using the pink one but I was able to try the yellow one:


My manicurist had to use three coats just to get its "bottle" color to come out. It dries pretty fast and staying power is really good. The color stayed on my nails for a little over two weeks (I was too lazy to remove it hehe). I was surprised that it did not stain my nails at all (this is a plus). The only thing that I don't like about it is that it is quite hard to remove. The polish actually has subtle shimmers. These shimmers are hard to remove.

Rating: 4/5

Etude House Petite Darling Lipsticks:
Price: 278php each


BR302


PK006

PK006 (Left) BR302 (Right)

Well, the reviews were right. These lipsticks don't dry my lips at all. They have a semi-glossy finish. I wanted to get more of this in different shades, but unfortunately I did not like the other shades available. Most of the shades have a shimmery finish which I am not very fond of. Staying power is okay. You may have to retouch after eating. Pigmentation is not bad too. You can achieve its full color in two-three layers.

The BR302 is a nude peachy shade which I love. It gives my lips a natural nude look with the right hint of color and shine. I layer this twice to get the nude peachy shade I am looking for :)

The PK006 is a "Barbie" pink shade. I would not recommend putting too much layers of this (if you have morena skin like I do). Putting too much of this will actually result to purple lips which I don't find flattering for morenas like me. Two layers will do the job and give your lips a nice shade of "Barbie" pink :)

Rating: 4/5

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Nice post thanks for sharing. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

    Thanks!
    Angela
    angelabrooks741 gmail.com

    ReplyDelete